Today, I had a pretty nice encounter with two Portuguese sales girls of the Phone House. They didn’t understand me at all. I just wanted a data sim card so I could post a one idea a day. But they wanted to sell me a mifi, a bundle and a sim card. The language barrier made me laugh more than once but I also spend almost halve a hour there.
The Translator Mediator app connects you instantly with professional translators so any question for information and sales answers are quickly understood. After you have called upon the translator mediator service, you receive a full transcript of the original conversation, together with an invoice based on the characters used.
- Focus on what matters most; spend more time with my family and allow myself a break from time to time.
- Sell ZOYOKO.com as we have no time to make it really happen. If you’re interested in taking over this feel-good brand for mama’s-to-be, just contact me. It’s a startup with great potential and its ambition is kinda cool.
- Build kañooh and turn it into a CMS momument for the Flemish Government while Paddle will be the brand under which we (ONE Agency and ESN) will market Drupal-as-a-service as an enterprise solution somewhere in the next year.
- Grow a netwerk of people who I find interesting and nice. Being member of BRYO helps. I meet a lot of young entrepreneurs, I help them free-of-charge and use them as a sounding board for my own business ideas and actions. In return, I hope to meet the ideal business partner to work with on some future projects.
- Personally, I want to grow my overall strategic business acumen. Sometimes I’m too involved in the nitty gritty. That’ll probably requires more reading on business topics. (Currently I enjoy The Lean Startup of Eric Reis as I just act like it already but now get to know clear arguments to defend this approach)
- Lastly, I need to write more in English. It’s simple not good enough. So I will pick up the ‘one idea per day‘ (#oipd) creativity writing task again.
P.S. If everything is working out fine, I want to learn a new language. Portuguese perhaps.
Just because they prove to be too funny. Whenever I hear someone explaining in poor English – with a lot of hair on – or hear someone that knows three words in French that says ‘Nous sommes chemin.’, I find that funny. I would love to follow a tumblr that gathers them for me. Not only for Dunglish, but for all languages I know and/or (not) master, such as: Jenglish (Japanese English), Frenglish, etc.