My son is really interested in the world as a whole with a particular interest in the moon and stars. Apparently, he gave a lecture this week to his fellow scholars about the sun (who didn’t know!) and he’s only (almost) 4yo. I would love to tell him more about astronomy but although I kinda of enjoy watching skies from time to time, i have no profound interest in it to educate myself to know more about it. I just tell him what I know but I don’t think it’s enough 🙂
If there were (children’s) video education programs on youtube, intro’s to subjects so education/learning would be something of interest so people or children could hook in when they want, whenever they feel like it, i think children would easier discover what they are really passionate about. I realise it should come from video enthusiasts now but it could be so much more if the government would record lectures around topics and themes with several difficulty levels. I loved the concept of TED and DWDD University but bundled in thematical approaches this type education is something that brings it in reach of thousands that have no education but only need a screen and internet connection.
Perhaps this is something that Arnaud Raskin and his mobile school initiative could develop?
- Focus on what matters most; spend more time with my family and allow myself a break from time to time.
- Sell ZOYOKO.com as we have no time to make it really happen. If you’re interested in taking over this feel-good brand for mama’s-to-be, just contact me. It’s a startup with great potential and its ambition is kinda cool.
- Build kañooh and turn it into a CMS momument for the Flemish Government while Paddle will be the brand under which we (ONE Agency and ESN) will market Drupal-as-a-service as an enterprise solution somewhere in the next year.
- Grow a netwerk of people who I find interesting and nice. Being member of BRYO helps. I meet a lot of young entrepreneurs, I help them free-of-charge and use them as a sounding board for my own business ideas and actions. In return, I hope to meet the ideal business partner to work with on some future projects.
- Personally, I want to grow my overall strategic business acumen. Sometimes I’m too involved in the nitty gritty. That’ll probably requires more reading on business topics. (Currently I enjoy The Lean Startup of Eric Reis as I just act like it already but now get to know clear arguments to defend this approach)
- Lastly, I need to write more in English. It’s simple not good enough. So I will pick up the ‘one idea per day‘ (#oipd) creativity writing task again.
P.S. If everything is working out fine, I want to learn a new language. Portuguese perhaps.